Sunday, April 14, 2013

Infected Pages - Infected Film


Infection  Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection Infection

In my opinion the best horror book that was made into a film was The Stand by Stephen King, which was his first modern day epic novel. It is an outstanding book that absolutely captivated me, and the movie (1994) completely delivers like a postman when it comes to staying true to the characters and the storyline. The book has over 1,000 pages and was published in 1978.  This is the cover of the book I had as a teenager, I'm not sure if they make it anymore but I thought it was bitchin' man.



It is about the beginning of the end of the world when a quickly evolving virus is unintentionally released from a United States military facility and causes a massive coughing and mucus spewing fest, with lots of rotting bodies to be stepped on and wretchedness to behold. The virus wipes out most of the world's population, and sets the stage for an apocalyptic conflict between good and evil. The good and the evil are depicted very cleverly within each character, who are immune to the sickness, and are portrayed in great detail as they make there way through the horrific mayhem that is caused by the virus, and on to their final destination for the ultimate battle. The movie stars Gary Sinise who is a favorite actor of mine, and he did not fail my expectation and was superb in my opinion.
Molly Ringwald also gives a fine performance.


Jamey Sheridan is awesome as the ultimate evil one.
  
Oh yeah, and I would also like to mention that I really dig the soundtrack as well which always makes a movie more thrilling to Regan (me). I would highly recommend that one read the book first and then watch the movie. Like the book, the movie is long at over 6 hours as it is a miniseries, so you’ll need to get up and move around or watch it in chunks or you may get blood clots or festering bed sores.

F. Regan

1 comment:



  1. BungleGrind

    i had that same paperback cover too.i had the hardback book too.loved that book and the mini-series was very good.i also thought the first mini-series they did of salems lot was great too.although, the sequel was pretty bad and the series remake just gave me the runs,and a manitou with the runs is a dirty manitou.although, not dirty as in filthy good dirty.great blog baby.

    March 19, 2010

    SnoopsMama

    Oh my goodness. I loved that book. I’ve read it twice. Both times within 3 days. I just couldn’t put it down.

    March 19, 2010

    ReplyDelete