Tuesday, April 16, 2013

READ PEOPLE ARE STRANGE BY JAMES NEWMAN




James Newman was my greatest literary discovery of the previous year. I have found myself addicted to his tales much in the same way a crack fiend would jolly on their next hit. If it has his name on it, I'm gonna read it. Anyone unfortunate enough to be unfamiliar with this guys writing might want to ask "What is so special about this James Newman you speak of?" To which my perfect answer is this collection of short stories right here. Everything you need to know is all right in these pages and once you have enlightened yourself all will be made evident you grasshopping fuckbug.

As much as I find short story collections, overall that is, to be uneven I do love them so. This is one of the great ones. It has it all. It's dark, funny, nasty, and more entertaining than having flies circle jerk your ass after a chili bowel. To read James Newman is to become one with awesomeness. To not read James Newman just means you're a dick. Please, for the love of the GREAT BIG GOD HEAD in the sky like the one from that shitty Sean Connery movie.... DON'T BE A DICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment