Wednesday, April 17, 2013

THE FACTORY DOESN'T SUCK




I pretty much find most sub-genre movies useless. Here we have a member of the "man kidnaps women and keeps them in the basement" species.




Had the movie not starred John Cusack and Jennifer Carpenter I would never have even known that it exists. There are so many cliches present that they are almost like another character. To say it's by the book or cookie cutter is like saying shitting your pants is bad date etiquette. The film basically plays out like a rip-off of "Silence of the Lambs." The whole time I was watching it the only thought running through my mind was "Why am I watching this?" Then, a beautiful thing happened. It ended.




In a standard none too enthusiastic review of mine this would be yet another chance to rip the asshole of this movie wide open with my hook handed wit. Oddly enough, I am left thanking the shitty movie gods for whatever reason I stayed patient. The ending of this movie kicked ass. Seriously.





The preceding 90 minutes here had me contemplating that time I squashed two flies fucking and reckoned myself as something of a god. But the last 10 minutes or so is awesome. Maybe had I cared a lot (or even a little) more about those 90 minutes I would have seen the twist coming way ahead of the curve. I didn't though, and so said twist doesn't make me feel so shitty about not hitting the reject button. As I write this I have already forgotten that this movie even exists. Still, if you are in the mood for a "Silence of the Lambs" rip-off and you can manage the absence of Mr. Fava Bean eater you could certainly do a lot worse and that isn't so bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment