Saturday, April 27, 2013

Family Drive in Creeps

Originally Posted on


 

I do remember going to the drive in a lot when I was a kid....


and one movie I remember seeing there in particular that would be one that’s not too bad, and is actually a PG13 rating, is Stephen King’s Cat’s Eye (1985).
 
I remember being at the drive-in as an older teen and really enjoying the movie – it’s creepy but it’s good clean creepy fun, as far as I remember anyway. It’s really a drive-iny kind of movie if that makes any sense.

 
It’s a trilogy, and is based on a cat that travels around and crosses the paths of many “interesting” people. It has James Woods and cute little Drew Barrymore in it. This is definitely a movie that would be okay in my eyes as an introduction to the horror genre for younger teens.  If you have a young teen that is really sensitive well maybe not, it just depends I guess.  Not possible to see it at the drive-in anymore, understood, so yeah baby, just go rent it and pop some popcorn at home with the kids, and prepare to get just a little... creeped out.
  Signed,
Filthy Regan


1 comment:

  1. BungleGrind

    great blog baby.i miss drive-ins.i saw so many great movies there.i saw cats eye on video.i remember digging it.its been a long time since i saw it.maybe i should see it again.

    April 30, 2010

    missingchristopher

    I saw the original "Night Of The Living Dead" at a drive-in that was actually called "The Family Drive-In". It was the last one I saw before it was closed and turned into a K-Mart. I do miss the drive-ins.

    May 01, 2010

    ReplyDelete