Monday, May 6, 2013

SHANE MCKENZIE WANTS TO BLEED ON YOU





I love discovering new authors to read. My tastes pretty much run all over the place like diarrhea too. As long as something looks remotely interesting and is not in a foreign language I'm willing to give it a read. I have always seemed to have a far more intense appreciation for things that are on the darker side or might be considered required reading for the literary insane. I have been wanting to check out Shane Mckenzie for a while simply based on the fact that I have always heard he is way over the top. Let me quickly dispel any curiosity right here and now and say this expectation was met like a fist to a jawline when I got a hold of my first Shane Mckenzie book, Bleed on me..... or maybe I should say, when it got a hold of me.




I don't really like reviews where some beef jerky head tells the whole story and then expects people to just run right out and read what they already just read. So, here ya go.... Bleed on me begins with Chris, who just wants his neighbors to stop blasting their loud ass music. Pushed to the brink he decides to pay them a visit and tell them he's gonna call the law or else. Shit hits the fan and then some, going way past the limits of "or else" here, and from there the reader is shot out of a cannon and only permitted to land when Shane Mckenzie says so by screeching this ride to a halt. That's it for background and story, folks. All you're gonna get from me because I think that if you like balls to the wall horror and action and want to have your mind blown to smithereens you really need to be reading this monster of a tale rather than reading about it.

This is the first thing I have read from Shane and absolutely will not be the last. In fact, I think we are just getting started in our reader meet author blitzkrieg. He seems like a writer made just for me. Well written and paced to perfection, he delivers the gory goods before the reader even has time to settle in. This particular story goes easy on the build up and cuts straight to the good parts. By good parts I mean lots and lots of parts and fluids being tossed around. In your face practically. This is one book that should come with a raincoat.




Shane has been added to the top of my "yes, more please" list. He has a good sized back catalog of titles and I can't wait to read every single other thing this guy has already written or plans to roll out. I feel like one of those people who has come late to a really cool party after everybody else has already thrown up and passed out. Now that I'm here I don't wanna leave. So yes, bring on the sickness. More please.


No comments:

Post a Comment