Saturday, May 11, 2013

READ MULTIPLEX FANDANGO BY WESTON OCHSE





Here is an author I have been seeing around here and there and with this fine story collection I have finally been given the pleasure of checking him out for myself.

To say that I enjoyed reading this anthology would be an understatement. I truthfully do not think that I have enjoyed the discovery of a new writer as much as Weston Ochse since the first time I read Clive Barker all those years ago. In fact, Weston Ochse and this collection remind me very much of Clive Barker. You know why? Because Weston Ochse is nothing like Clive Barker in any way,shape or form. The reason for that is because he is unlike any other writer I have ever read.

This collection is so groundbreaking and unique that I am almost at a complete loss for words here how to do it justice in a review. The only thing that I can really say is that if you think you have read it all, think again. If you have never read Weston Ochse you are in for a treat. He crosses boundaries and melds genres in ways that many others could only dream of doing. It's like he takes the most exciting elements of many different genres and writers and mashes it all together in one great big masterful stew.

There are so many writers out there who merely do what others do, only it's obviously a matter of opinion who does it better. I have never read anything like this guy before. His command of the language is just brilliant squared so many times that I found myself re-reading individual passages several times and clapping like a seal because I just couldn't believe what I just read. One of the few writers that can consistently do that to me is.... yep, you guessed it, Clive Barker. Barker does this as a result of his poetic sense. Ochse is all prose and yet the way his words interact with each other it's almost poetic without actually being so.

My very favorite thing about a writer is that surprise factor. Meaning you never know what you are going to get with someone. I think that it's pretty safe to say that anybody who can come up with stories such as "Tarzan doesn't live here anymore", "Catfish Gods", and "A day in the life of a dust bunny" simply must have that ability in spades.

Reviews are only opinions. This is my opinion. Weston Ochse is unique and exciting. He is not really horror but he is very dark. There are certain elements in his stories that are very horrific indeed. This is most evident when it comes to describing the more unpleasant aspects of his tale. A wound, whether internal or external has never been given such depth or width and the reader will find that his characters and the situations he puts them in will often times find themselves bleeding right off the page.

I love finding new people to read. Even more I love it when I find something that is all its own beast. Weston Ochse is such a writer. He's a literary beast all of his own sub-species. I can not wait to read more of his work. If you haven't read him yet, you should be doing just that.

Multiplex Fandango is released by the always fabulous Dark Regions Press. They put out some really fine looking books by many of the best names in dark fiction. This one is still available in a few different versions. For further info check out the Dark Regions website here-


http://www.darkregions.com/books/multiplex-fandango-by-weston-ochse



You can also buy some of Weston's other books on Amazon or any other book sellers. If you are into e-books he has plenty of them too also available at Amazon and on Smashwords-



http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=weston%20ochse&sprefix=weston+ochse%2Caps%2C138&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aweston%20ochse&ajr=2


https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/westonochsedavidwhitman



https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/drpwestonochse




No comments:

Post a Comment