Sunday, May 26, 2013

Flesh Eating Hell Baby

Since I am such a sucker for young evil things I recently ventured to watch the movie It’s Alive (2008).
Now I remember when I was around 9 or so I went to a sleepover party and all of us giggly girls watched It’s Alive (1974) on cable as we snuggled down in our little sleeping bags on the floor.  This movie absolutely fascinated me. I mean how the hell can a baby be so evil - wow what a complete trip to watch this little putrid looking thing with a claw for a hand, rip people apart.
I remember one of the girls at the party had to leave the room because she was getting too upset,

 
but not me - this was my kind of movie and I was in pure bloody paradise. I was glad as a 9-year-old child that I didn’t have any baby siblings; I was the youngest and as it turns out, would be the evilest myself, but my mom still loved me.
So It’s Alive 2008 was a pleasant rotten surprise for me. The movie moves at a quick pace and doesn’t become boring at all in my opinion. It’s not one of the best horror movies but it definitely held my attention throughout the entire thing. This movie did not get good reviews otherwise as I can tell, but for me, I actually thought it was okay.
This movie surely demonstrates a mother’s unconditional love for her baby,
regardless in this case, of how many people parts the little brat uses as its teething toy leaving them behind in a shredded bloody mess.
The mother is played by Bijou Phillips
who I think has a really annoying voice but other than that she was alright. As her little devil baby continues to grow at an alarming rate and leave a trail of dead animals and humans behind,
she just seems to be okay with it all but is battling depression all at the same time.  The devil baby became this way because the mother tried to take the morning after abortion pills and they failed, thus the vile creature was formed and transformed into the demon child with a thirst for blood.  Here's a lovely picture of the umbilical cord being cut.
Although I don’t highly recommend this movie I do lightly recommend it…maybe it’s just because I have a soft decaying spot in my pea soup filled heart for wicked young ones. 

Signed,
Filthy Regan


Originally Posted on

1 comment:

  1. shoot4thestars

    I am going to check it out. I am kind of fascinated with scary movies, since I was a child

    July 12, 2010

    DeadByDawn

    awesome.us too.thanks for checking us out.

    July 12, 2010

    BungleGrind

    great blog baby.we’ve already talked about this movie and how i felt.the original was a really special part of my childhood.i remember seeing that trailer…."there’s only one thing wrong with the davis baby" ….what a genius tagline.i was blown away.i actually saw the original at the theater a few times.i remember the first time i saw it was that dingy theater we drove by when you were here.the one that closed down and used to play all the indian movies.i was with joe and michelle and when we came out there is a storm drain at the curb and while we were waiting for their mom to pick us up i kept telling michelle the baby was going to crawl out of the storm drain and eat her.it was funny.i just didn’t like the way they changed the idea of the baby from a mutant baby to a regular baby for this one.if you want to see something similiar check out grace.its the same premise.mother feeding baby blood.i didn’t think much of that one either, but it was kind of creepy and i thought it was better than this one.also there is an old french movie that i love.same idea.baby blood.that movie is fucking sick.very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete