Sunday, February 24, 2013

Psychedelic Boat Trip = Horror?

Hey it’s Regan here- Feeling a little mellow today if you can believe that. My mom is on one of here acting projects so I have no one to torment. And Manitou is napping under the bed. This blog is supposed to only be about horror stuff but I was thinking recently that children’s horror would fall into that category too, I guess, so I thought I would try to get other opinions on this scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from 1971. Would you consider this scene to be horror? When I was younger and not possessed yet this scene really scared the living hell out of me before I had the hell in me, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Pay close attention to the images that appear in the tunnel- it’s enough to scare any little kid, I think, or maybe even some wimpy adults. Give me your opinions on it. I demand that every person who reads this to leave a comment or I will have my demonic legion hunt you down! Thank you (my mom always taught me to say that after making demands).

Signed,
Filthy Regan

Originally Posted on

1 comment:

  1. Old Blog Comments:



    BungleGrind

    i could certainly see where this could freak some kiddies out.i always found the movie to be funny though.manitou was pretty much set after that vampire in nightstalker made him soil his jammmies.from then on, it was smooth sailing and nothing seemed to bother me.by the way, i always do a great oompa loompa impression in the bathtub after dinner.having gas has never been so much fun.

    March 09, 2010

    wraithwriter

    oh I remember that scene very well, actually it was one of my faves in that movie.
    it was those creapy assed oompa loompas that gave me the willies, and a few nightmares.

    ReplyDelete