Thursday, October 16, 2014

SLICES OF HALLOWEEN- SUSHI SNACK TIME





The sushi that was supposed to be my lunch quivered, then oozed over the plate. I should have jumped up from the table and ran. At least my good sense told me so. But when you walk into a sushi buffet and find your meal coming to life, well... good sense seems like such a distant possibility. Besides, my fright and confusion had me glued to the seat.

I wasn't going anywhere.

I looked around the restaurant expecting to see a horror show beyond my own. All I saw were people eating and having conversation. From this sight I was able to deduce a horrific thought. I was the only one who had bothered with the sushi.

Frozen to my seat, I looked back down at the plate. The grains of rice all around the sides of what had been some kind of raw fish sharpened and now resembled tiny nails. The fishy smelling jelly in the middle of these rice nails looked as if it were morphing into something much larger. When I picked it from the buffet line it looked to be about the size of an eye socket. It was now ever widening like a maw opening in anticipation of snack time.

Rice flew from the center of the mouth piece and when they smashed me in the face they left dents in my skin.

Teeth rose up from gums dripping with what I had thought to be sriracha sauce.

Now I knew better.

It was saliva.

I was too scared to move.

It was time to die.

The teeth sank into my flesh and I felt warm all over.

The jellied saliva invaded the wound on my face.

Though I was hardly able to smile, somewhere deep down inside of me I felt one coming on. For I was amused. My sushi had become a predatory diner and I had become its lunch. This kind of fucked up my head, along with my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment