Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Stunning Art of Mock Brutality

I am always one to be looking for a horror film with cheesy gore that just makes you laugh because it’s so over the top or fake looking like when the blood looks like cherry Kool-Aid or thick bright red paint; I love that kind of stuff.  But by the same token I am also looking for the horrific gore that has the real factor going on.  I tend to have an extremely critical eye when it comes to gore that tries to be real, and I pick it apart down to the last bit of scalp or brains that get splattered or sliced.

My sexy beast Manitou has been telling me for quite some time now that I absolutely have to see a French movie called High Tension (2003)
image
as it is one of his all time favorite gory horror films and is a must see.  Well, I finally had the chance to sit down and watch this film, and I must say that it was absolutely perfect in the realistic factor.  As a matter of fact, this movie lives up to its title, and then some.
It is a cat and mouse type of slasher movie with a really bizarre twist at the end that I will not give away.  So for this blog, all I am going to do is give you a quick background and then go through some gore scenes from the movie in all of its splendor.


The movie is about a woman named Maria that is staying as a guest in her friend Alexa’s family’s house.  On the first night of her stay, a man knocks at the door wearing a bland gray mechanics jumpsuit and with a bloated red expressionless face.  He then proceeds to murder the family, one by one in various monstrous ways with the exception of Alexa which he ties up and kidnaps, and Maria who is the mouse in the cat and mouse chase.

This movie has three of the best gore scenes in my opinion.  One of them is the best throat-slitting scene I have ever seen.  Everything is perfect with the way it was put together.  Nothing I have ever seen comes close to how alarming and realistic it is.  Hats off to the people who created it.  I’m sure it took a lot of effort. 

So, I am going to show you two gore scenes in the videos below.  I made the recordings myself so it is not high quality.  Consider this a strong warning that they are EXTREMELY over the top hardcore disturbing, very realistic and involve violence to the highest degree in scenes depicting torture and hideously brutal murders with copious amount of BLOOD.  In other words, they are masterful works of movie art.

This video shows the best decapitation I have ever seen.  I cannot find one criticism for it other than that beast of a man had to be as strong as an ox, in order to push that piece of furniture forcefully enough to do what he did.



And here's my favorite part in the movie where the sick murderous bastard get a barbed face!





Cheers to the bloody stunning art of mock brutality!

image 
Signed,
Filthy Regan

Originally Posted on

1 comment:

  1. LexMorphic

    Yay you guys are back blogging! I thought you had disappeared forever!

    January 11, 2011

    DeadByDawn

    It’s a filthy job – but somebody has got to do it!

    January 11, 2011

    BungleGrind

    awesome blog sweet pea.i’m so glad that you enjoyed this movie so much.as you mentioned its one of my favorites and i really liked the way you expressed your enjoyment here.i always thought about doing a blog about this movie, but you know how i feel about movie reviews and i would really hate to give away the big surprise of this movie and when i babble ….there is no telling what will come out.watching these clips again got me all excited and made me realize that it has been far too long since i have watched this film.by the way, i just love those blood cocktails in that picture.we should totally do that.could be yummy.

    January 11, 2011

    DeadByDawn

    Thank you my sexy Manitou beast. Yes let’s make it a point to have some nice refreshing bloody cocktails together. By the way…your beastly babble rocks my filthy world!

    January 11, 2011

    Zelukawind

    Checking it out now. Thanx!

    January 11, 2011

    DeadByDawn

    Great!

    January 11, 2011

    Munkyman

    The story line reminds me of Dean Koontz’s “Intensity” but, that wasn’t exactly a gore fest.

    January 26, 2011

    DeadByDawn

    This particular movie was the goriest fest I’ve ever seen!

    March 10, 2011

    southofheaven

    High Tension is a good movie. BTW where the hell have your blogs gone? I need more movie reviews, sick of the Ana subject

    March 04, 2011

    DeadByDawn

    Nice to see that we’re missed. We have just been busy with work and stuff. We’re still around though, and will continue to post as time allows.

    March 10, 2011

    southofheaven

    good, anas are driving me bananas! I need some brilliant posts

    Went to see the rite, I could swear I’ve seen it!

    March 15, 2011

    ReplyDelete